Romans 3 : 3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Pastors do you have one, one New Testament verse that confirms Tithing has been mandated for the New Testament Church by God? I am not aware of one, If you do which one is it?
- The request for Tithe money by almost all churches, denominations is merely a theft of God’s money, misuse of it, as it is not EVEN Collected or Dispensed in the Biblical Manner too
- Malachi itself was written to the Old Testament Priests who were stealing the tithe.
- 1/7 of the tithe was to be given to the local poor people as well something generally not done today too.
- Tithing to the Jerusalem Temple directly was done only once every three years Amos 4:4 Come to Bethel, and transgress; at Gilgal multiply transgression; and bring your sacrifices every morning, and your tithes after three years:
- Tithing is not compulsory but Voluntary 2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
- Tithing is only an Old Testament concept, specifically the Mosaic law applicable only to Jews required that the Israelites give one-tenth of the produce of their land and livestock, the tithe, to support the Levitical priesthood (Leviticus 27:30-33)as well as the poor persons.
- It is the Levites who were to do the work at the tent of meeting and bear the responsibility for any offenses they commit against it. This was a long ordinance for the generations to come till the temple was destroyed by God. They received no inheritance among the Israelites. Instead, I gave to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the Lord.Numbers 18:21-24
- Note specficially the people who collected a tithe were not allowed to own any real estate, tangible property too.
- There is no doubt that these commands of the various tithes were solely directed to the Israelites – God’s past chosen people in the ancient world. Contrary to popular opinion, the offerings were not solely used to support the Levites, who were a tribe of priests and temple workers, but they were also used to provide feasting for one’s own family and to help the poor ..
- Note the book of Malachi in the Old Testament was written specially to the Jewish priests to stop stealing the tithe money.
- Only a fool would not know that almost all of the false Bible verses given for the justifications for the applications of tithing today are taken out of context as well.
- Tithing in most churches is being used as a false excuse to appropriate falsely God’s money, and to abuse it, steal it, as it is so often the case .
- Do Christians Have to Tithe? No! none of the Christians in the Church are required to tithe.
- Tithing has never been obligatory for any non Jewish person and has never been mandated in the New Testament..
- Jesus’ work initiated a “new covenant” — a new relationship with God that effectively replaced (or fulfilled) the sacrificial system practiced by the Israelites in the Old Testament. As Christians, we no longer use priests and other religious systems as a way to access the power of God. Instead, Jesus has become our Great High Priest (Hebrews 4:14). He has granted us access to God through His own work and sacrifice, and through His Holy Spirit. Romans 5:1-2
- One of the most obvious, clear evidence of a carnal, unspiritual church today is one that demands the tithing, and this is true of any evangelical , Baptist, Pentecostal churches or any of the cults, Mormons now as well.
- Most pastors who do ask people to give money obviously do not just have a lack of financial transparency but also they do not give any 1/7, any portion it to the poor people.
- Giving is an expression of worship which is why we are told that it must be done willingly and without any enforcement, bragging, record keeping, compulsion (2 Corinthians 9:7).
- Today, many Christians falsely donate a tithe, or ten percent of their income, to support the tangible property,maintenance of the church, building and the pastoral support and his family needs and it is rarely used to help any local poor persons even or for direct evangelicalism. The tithe in the Old Testament was never used to pay for the maintenance of the temple.
- Now it is true that “tithing” existed and was practiced in the Old Testament and a set portion of these tithes were also to be given to the local poor persons too. In fact at least 19 % of these Biblical commanded tithes were to be given directly to the local poor persons.
- Christian tithing is a misnomer because Christians are under no obligation to fulfill the command to tithe as given to the Israelites as part of the Mosaic Law .
- The New Testament nowhere commands, or even recommends, that Christians submit to a legalistic tithe system. Paul states that believers should set aside a portion of their income as an offering, but this is not a tithe (1 Corinthians 16:1-2), to help the local poor persons and to support the Christian workers, work.
Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do. Galatians 2:10
2 Corinthians 9:6-7
Read the Bible and stop listening to the lies, distortions of mere men still. Most people still have personally never even firstly had studied, read what the Bible actually says on Tithing nor have they been taught by the Holy Spirit firstly, not even many preachers.. They are mere parrots reciting what others have told them too often rather.. Desiring to be teachers they know nothing about what they still write even.. Anyone obviously can preach but obviously are not even led by the Holy Spirit.. most are pretenders, imposters it seems.. and since when is a Jewish commandment applicable now for any Christians, and what other Jewish commandments do you falsely also follow. https://witnessed.wordpress.com/2014/01/03/what-the-bible-actually-says-on-tithing/
How would the churches, pastors and their families sustain themselves if it weren’t for the tithing ? Start to live by faith in God to provide and get Love offerings.. as a pastor of a small church I never once took an offering or asked for donations..“The Bible clearly says we are to help the local poor people in our own churches, neighborhood willingly. 1 Tim 5:8 “But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” 2 Cor 9:7 “Every man according as he purposed in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loves a cheerful giver.” (Rom 15:26 KJV) For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.Our responsibility is mainly two fold we donate freely as we want firstly to the local poor Christian persons in our own local churches… and secondly we need to insure that the donations is entrusted for distribution directly to the reliable persons, so that it actually reaches the poor persons.. (1 Cor 4:2 KJV) “Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. “ Since we all do know the temptation to steal abounds even in the Church, religious organizations.It still seems most of the donated money never reaches the destinations still.There is still the obligation of all poor persons to pray in faith to directly for their needs and to expect God to meet their needs and not man. It was interesting that Rev George Mueller was able to raise millions of dollars by donation, without once sharing the need publicly too.
“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.” -Romans 16:17-18 KJV “But in vain do they worship me, teaching as their teachings commandments of men. For, leaving the commandment of God, ye hold what is delivered by men to keep”, Mark 7: 7-8. Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. (1 Tim 1:7 KJV) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. (Heb 5:12 KJV)
The false Brethren wresting of Holy Scriptures to support a line of teaching contrary to the actual written word of God is still also unacceptable. The Brethren oft repeated assertion that the present voice of the Holy Spirit is located in the utterance of men is an affront to the Holy Spirit http://postedat.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/the-false-demotion-of-the-holy-spirt-jesus-2/
I have absolutely no doubt that many Canadian, American evangelical pastors included now steal, are falsely lying, unacceptably misrepresenting the Biblical truth, EVEN FALSELY STILL pressurizing, twisting the arms of members and adherents to regularly tithe to their storehouse, to the Pastor’s benefit, so the pastor can live high on the hog now.
(1 Thess 2:2 KJV) But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention. 3 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile: 4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. 5 For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloak of covetousness; God is witness: 6 Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ. 7 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:
17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. https://anyonecare.wordpress.com/2009/05/28/the-not-so-secret/
Me I am an old Christian and now I know my Bible personally better so I do not accept these much too many lies being spread from the pulpit.. Too many preachers too are (1 Tim 4:2 KJV) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
50% of Sermons Are Not Biblical “Preaching the Gospel is not acceptable to living it. All pastors still do need to read the Bible for one hour a day at least, and pray for one hour a day at least. Almost 80 % of them do not. At least 50 percent of Church and TV, Internet sermons thus are unbiblical because most pastors do not use or read the Bible itself. Great, big Church pastors even steal their sermons from others as I have witnessed firsthand too. I interviewed personally 45 evangelical pastors in one city, Calgary Alberta, and none of them even used the Bible in their counseling ministry with their members and adherents. We have too many impostors, hirelings in the Ministry, bad persons not directly called by God to minister and that is why they also do cheat, lie, steal, commit adultery, tax evasions and abuse others, slander as well. http://thenonconformer.blogspot.ca/2006/08/truths_08.html
(Jer 6:27 KJV) I have set thee for a tower and a fortress among my people, that thou mayest know and try their way. 28 They are all grievous revolters, walking with slanders: they are brass and iron; they are all corrupters. 29 The bellows are burned, the lead is consumed of the fire; the founder melteth in vain: for the wicked are not plucked away. 30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the LORD hath rejected them.